
Hello friends! I hope this message finds you all well and encouraged. It has been some time since I have updated many of you. It has proven to be a challenge in searching for the best way to update everyone, so I have finally decided that an online blog/newsletter would be my main medium of communication with you all. This blog is for all of you who are praying, giving and partnering with me in reaching the unreached throughout West Africa. I thank you for your love, encouragement, generosity and prayers.
There is so much to share with you all. I know many of you think I may have already departed to Africa because of my initial projected departure date of November. Well, I honestly wish I could have been there that soon, but I am learning that I am on God's timetable and not my own. Many of you know that I had intended to go to the country of Guinea to work among the Fulbe people there. I was recruited by a team there and had planned on joining them whe I left the states. However, since that time, new developments and God's hand have changed that team dynamic. God has moved those teammates forward in His will and plan, which in turn, has brought me to my knees in seeking what He desires of me now.
I have been praying since November for three things. One, God would provide me with a team and a community of believers on the field. This is very important to me since I know what it is like to be a lone ranger on the field. Two, I have been praying that God would place me where there was a great need for my specific giftings and passions (i.e. Nursing, Church Planting). Third, I asked God to allow me to work closely to the West African people groups that I have grown to love over the years. God, as I write, is answering many of these prayers!
Last week, a lady who I worked with back in Mali from 1999-2001 contacted me via email. Her and her husband, at that time, were ministering at a church which adopted the Malinke people group of Mali and our team of workers. They were an amazing group of volunteers that traveled to Africa to do medical/dental clinics, prayer walking, retreats for the missionaries and their children, etc. Anyways, she contacted me and mentioned the new ministry she is engaged in and leading. To make a long story short, this group is in need of a Nurse/Church Planter with my skills and with my passions (answered prayer). This group is working among the post-war victims in Sierra Leone, West Africa. There is a team in place (answered prayer), and they are working with some of the same people groups God has placed upon my heart (answered prayer). I still will be with Pioneers, just seconded and loaned to this organization, Global Connection Partnership Network/Restore Hope in Sierra Leone.
This is still in the prayer and dialogue stage. I mention it to you so you can pray with me as these details are worked out. Pray that God will be in the logisitics. Pray for the workers who are there now working to give hope to the hopeless. Pray for me to be sensitive to where and when God would have me move. Pray most of all for the Sierra Leonians who are in need of faith, hope and love.
I hope to leave by May or June. This depends on funding and logisitics. Please check out the box to the right to see my current funding status. These funds have to be 100% given/secured before I can set a departure date. I praise God for all of you who are sacrificing and partnering with me through your gifts of giving. Please pray that God will continue to provide. I know He will!
I love you all and will write again soon. Please bookmark this blog and keep a lookout in your emails for my updates. All of my updates will be posted here. Also, check out the links to the right to find out how you can specifically partner with me. Please note the prayer needs link to the right as well. Please email me and let me know how I can best serve and pray for you!
LG+LP,
Chuck Luke
Pioneers
chuckpluke@gmail.com
There is so much to share with you all. I know many of you think I may have already departed to Africa because of my initial projected departure date of November. Well, I honestly wish I could have been there that soon, but I am learning that I am on God's timetable and not my own. Many of you know that I had intended to go to the country of Guinea to work among the Fulbe people there. I was recruited by a team there and had planned on joining them whe I left the states. However, since that time, new developments and God's hand have changed that team dynamic. God has moved those teammates forward in His will and plan, which in turn, has brought me to my knees in seeking what He desires of me now.
I have been praying since November for three things. One, God would provide me with a team and a community of believers on the field. This is very important to me since I know what it is like to be a lone ranger on the field. Two, I have been praying that God would place me where there was a great need for my specific giftings and passions (i.e. Nursing, Church Planting). Third, I asked God to allow me to work closely to the West African people groups that I have grown to love over the years. God, as I write, is answering many of these prayers!
Last week, a lady who I worked with back in Mali from 1999-2001 contacted me via email. Her and her husband, at that time, were ministering at a church which adopted the Malinke people group of Mali and our team of workers. They were an amazing group of volunteers that traveled to Africa to do medical/dental clinics, prayer walking, retreats for the missionaries and their children, etc. Anyways, she contacted me and mentioned the new ministry she is engaged in and leading. To make a long story short, this group is in need of a Nurse/Church Planter with my skills and with my passions (answered prayer). This group is working among the post-war victims in Sierra Leone, West Africa. There is a team in place (answered prayer), and they are working with some of the same people groups God has placed upon my heart (answered prayer). I still will be with Pioneers, just seconded and loaned to this organization, Global Connection Partnership Network/Restore Hope in Sierra Leone.
This is still in the prayer and dialogue stage. I mention it to you so you can pray with me as these details are worked out. Pray that God will be in the logisitics. Pray for the workers who are there now working to give hope to the hopeless. Pray for me to be sensitive to where and when God would have me move. Pray most of all for the Sierra Leonians who are in need of faith, hope and love.
I hope to leave by May or June. This depends on funding and logisitics. Please check out the box to the right to see my current funding status. These funds have to be 100% given/secured before I can set a departure date. I praise God for all of you who are sacrificing and partnering with me through your gifts of giving. Please pray that God will continue to provide. I know He will!
I love you all and will write again soon. Please bookmark this blog and keep a lookout in your emails for my updates. All of my updates will be posted here. Also, check out the links to the right to find out how you can specifically partner with me. Please note the prayer needs link to the right as well. Please email me and let me know how I can best serve and pray for you!
LG+LP,
Chuck Luke
Pioneers
chuckpluke@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment