I am often amazed at the events of life that come to pass which often lead us to God or, on the contrary, thwart us far from God. A well known friend, “A”, who I have written about before, has had a recent life changing event that I believe God is using for His glory.
A few weeks ago, “A” came to my house to greet me, Before he left, he asked a very interesting request. He asked me to pray for him. This was the first time he asked. He told me that when I pray it seems he avoids accidents on his motorcycle and he feels safe. Coming from his own faith, this is a significant observation by my friend. So, I prayed for him and sent him on his way.
The next week, “A” came back for another prayer request. This time his request seemed a bit more solemn and serious. He explained to me that he has a hernia that needed to be repaired surgically. His brother was funding the operation and was sending him to a private doctor in Waterloo. “A” seemed frightened about this because the clinic was located in the man’s house. It was far from meeting all the standardizations and requirements of JCAHO to say the least, but due to funding and access, this was the choice “A’s” brother had made for him.
The morning of the surgery, “A” came to my door and called me at 6:00AM. He asked me to pray for him before he goes to Waterloo. I called him in an we prayed that God would protect him and guide the doctor. Immediately, he grabbed my hands during prayer and when the prayer was finished, I noticed he was crying. I assured him I would go with him and sit with him since he has no family present. He agreed and allowed me to go. The surgery only took 45 minutes and I prayed the whole time he was under the knife.
“A” seems to recovering well. I am just praying that infection will be avoided as he recovers. I ask each of you to pray for “A”. He is very open and is seeing the difference and the power of the prayers in his life. I have been going to see him everyday. Just pray that God will use this trial for His honor and glory. Pray that “A” will be protected from infection and that this will be a testimony of God’s healing power through our prayers to “Isa”.
I will update you soon since “A” will be in the clinic for 2 weeks. Thank you for you prayers and love! (I tel una tenki fo una preya den ehn lov!)
Just wondering how He has answered prayers with A and the infection?
ReplyDelete