Hello friends and family! There are a couple things going on that I want to write about. I pray all of you are well in the US and abroad and that God’s mercies are proving to be new each day as He promises.
COMMUNITY HEALTH CLASS
I am excited to announce the beginning of a new Community Health Class that I will be teaching beginning next week. I will be training 20 volunteers in 22 various areas of community health (hygiene, water purification, latrines, HIV/AIDS, worms, etc.) The class will last for three months and will produce 20 volunteer Community Health Educators for the community of Jui and abroad. These volunteers will be required to go out each week and teach two lessons to two different families/groups within the community. Our goal is to improve physical health in the community and to build new relationships with those around us. This program will directly affect 400 people within our communities in Sierra Leone. I ask that each of you pray for me as I instruct and lead and for the students as they learn and teach. I am praying that God will give me opportunities with my students to share about the spiritual healing available through Jesus Christ and to share this with our friends and neighbors as well. The class will begin Monday, March 21st.
FRIENDS
Many of you have been praying for my friend “A”. Yesterday, “A” came to my house to visit. We sat out on the veranda in the warm breeze of the dry season as I watched my pot of rice cook over charcoal. When “A” arrived, I was reading my Bible. After chatting a bit, “A” picked up my Bible and began to read. He asked me where to find prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament. God quickly brought Isaiah 53 to mind. I helped him find the passage and he began to read. After reading, I asked him if he understood the text. He asked me to explain verse by verse, so I did. With each explanation and connection to Jesus and His death, I could see he was making the connections. We talked for a good hour about the death of Jesus, his sacrifice and also about the type of Messiah the Jews expected in contrast to Jesus. “A” was absorbed. After that we talked about Jesus fulfilling the Law and about works versus grace. The conversation carried over through dinner.“A” began to ask me about forgiveness of others. He shared with me that he and a neighbor did not have good feelings toward each other, and he was seeking what he must do to forgive and bring reconciliation. Of course, I shared with him scripture and told him that only through the love of Christ can we truly forgive and extend love to those who hurt us and wish evil against us.
I ask each of you to continue to pray for “A”. I thank God for the obvious work he is doing in his heart and the hunger He is giving “A” for His Word. Pray that prayers will be answered, eyes will be opened and that his heart will be softened as “A” continues to examine and contemplate upon the path of Christ.
I love you all! Please write when you can! Your prayers and love are never forgotten. I am praying for you all too…please share any specific requests with me via email! chuckpluke@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment