Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Monkey on My Back

Don’t get your hopes up about the title of this blog. I was NOT attacked by a monkey! I simply wanted to catch your attention and tell you about how God is working in the lives of my two friends in Sierra Leone.

Dreams are very significant in Africa. God is using dreams to draw people to Him. In the “M” world, there are countless occurrences of dreams about a man named Isa (Jesus) who comes to the dreamer proclaiming He is the Truth and His Way is the Way to God. Many have come to faith in Christ through this  work of the Holy Spirit.

A young couple, “H” and “S” who God has brought into my life recently have been experiencing problems in their relationship. They are of a different faith and I have been praying for opportunities to share with them about the Faith, Hope and Love I have received through Christ. Each of them have come to me for advice in recent weeks. The day before yesterday, “H” came to me to share and seek advice. I asked her if I could pray with her at the end of our discussion. She accepted.

The next day, “H” came back to greet me. She began to tell me about a dream she had the night after I prayed for her. She told me she dreamed a monkey was chasing her down the road. She explained she felt frightened and was running away from the monkey. She said she met a man on the road who began to stone the monkey as she ran past. The monkey then turned his attention to the man and the man diverted the monkey’s course. The man ran into the bush. The monkey followed the man and “H” made it safely to her house and was saved from harm.

The morning after her dream, “H” asked others about her dream. She told them that I had prayed for her the day before. She told me that many people told her that the dream meant an enemy was pursuing her, but the prayer offered for her led to her protection and deliverance. When she told me this, I was amazed. We had a wonderful conversation about who our enemy is, Satan, and how he seeks to devour and destroy us. After I counseled her some more, she asked if I would pray for her again. I concurred. Of course, this dream is not about a man in a white robe named Jesus, but there is a definite correlation to one being saved from the enemy.

Please continue to pray for “H” and “S” as I continue to share and pray with them. Pray God will bring peace to their relationship. Pray that they will see the Truth in Jesus. Pray that God will continue to reveal himself to them through dreams, spoken words and acts of love. I love you all and thank you for your prayers, love and support.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! God is Awesome! How amazing is He who can draw people to HIM through dreams!! I am praying for H & S and you! Love you so much and praise God for the opportunity for you to witness to this couple! Thank you and Praise God!!!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your faithfulness in doing what God has sent you to do. Keep up the good work.
    I'm praying for you and H and S and all the others you come in contact with. It sounds to me like God is moving with love, kindness and
    compassion through you. I'm thankful for His protection, provision, mercy and grace He has
    bestowed on you. What a mighty God we serve.

    ReplyDelete